DEPARTMENT OF ANTI- HUMAN TRAFFICKING
This structure exists to join in the fight against human trafficking as its contribution to upholding humanity.
WHAT IS HUMAN TRAFFICKING?
Human trafficking is the trade of humans, most commonly for the purpose of forced labour, sexual slavery or commercial exploitation for the traffickers or others. However, anti means against.
FUNCTIONS OF ANTI-HUMAN TRAFFICKING (Head of Department)
- Leverages on intelligence gathering
- Relates with the Community Dev. Associations & Community Dev. Committees
- Works with Local Government/Local Council Development Areas and units Commanders
- Establishes good relationship with Police, government agencies and non-governmental groups
- Embarks on the use of informants to get information
- Releases hotline numbers to the public so as to be provided with regular information Strategic lecture on anti-human trafficking as an enlightenment forum in communities
- Volunteers and supports anti-trafficking efforts in the communities
- Partners with schools and tertiary institutions to promote anti-human trafficking
- Works with Intelligence and Operations department of VSO
- Attends anti-human trafficking seminars and conferences in order to be strategically empowered
- Develops emergency and effective response plans in place
- Organizes effective members of a team that can be involved in anti-human trafficking campaigns and strategies
- Creates awareness on anti-human traffickingthrough organized fora across the state
- Sends in timely reports to the state command
- Develops policy and procedures for the department
- Proactive and timely reaction
- Ability to analyze issues
- The social ability must be at work
- Good geographical knowledge of the state
- Ability to work with a team
- Ability to network with decisive stakeholders, NGOs, police, and other security agencies across the nation
- Ability to research, study, read, and listening to relevant news
These are Social, Communication, Organization, Psychological, Sympathetic, Empathetic. Management, Service, and Sacrificial skills.